Anyone may submit a grant proposal to benefit ISD549. The 549 Family Foundation provides grants to fund educational programs, projects and other learning opportunities that are not presently funded through the district’s budget.
- The foundation does not fund:
- Compensation of staff or substitutes.
- Proposals for regular curriculum. However, enhancements to the regular curriculum may be submitted with prior district curriculum council approval. We encourage you to check with the district curriculum council before writing your proposal. This includes art, music, and physical education.
- Technology such as hardware or software, unless the district’s Technology Coordinator gives prior approval to ensure the request is consistent with district technology guidelines.
- Consultants that are very high cost when compared to the number of students served.
- Generally, the foundation does not fund:
- Equipment that is normally purchased by the district budget.
- The purchase of food, unless it is integral to the completion of the proposal.
- Participation in seminars, workshops, or college courses.
- Other grant criteria considered:
- The project shows innovation, creativity, and uniqueness.
- The project is clearly described, well planned, and matches the theme chosen.
- The project outcomes are reasonable and likely to succeed based on the quality of project design.
- The need is clearly articulated and other sources of funding are not readily available.
- The number of students served is cost-effective.
- The budget breakdown is detailed and reasonable.
- The project has appropriate and measurable evaluation methods.
- The project’s impact is likely to extend beyond the period of the grant.